I'm back from the family farm and still trying to get back into the swing of things. The trip took a lot more out of me than I expected. I haven't had the time or energy to blog but I find myself awake when I should be sleeping. I've been trying to catch up on everyone else but want to contribute something.
Since the last week has been pretty heavy on my heart, I'll stick to only current favorite things.* This means I'll have to save the specifics of the trip until later.**
- My mom and sister have both quit smoking and neither picked up a cig during the stressful time. For sis it's been nearly a year!
- Sis didn't dye her hair blue (much to my chagrin) but did cover up her tattoos. Mom was very happy about that.
- I had dinner with a friend last night who I hadn't seen in a long, long time. A friend before infertility who I didn't even meet on the internet. We even had things to talk about.
- I found a new venue for my birthday soiree after the planned one bailed on me. It will be even better. Lots of champagne cocktails. My wedding dj will be playing tunes. A new frock is in the mail as I write.
- My college women's soccer team is playing here this weekend. They seriously kick ass. They didn't lose a single game when I was in college and most of those awesome women soccer players you hear about went to my school. I love seeing strong women athletes in action and hope the Tarheel gals kick the Cardinal's butts.***
- I might be getting a kitten for my birthday. There's a long story involving getting my eyelashes tinted and the woman who was getting her brows done next to me but the upshot is the mister and I are going to look at kitties tomorrow and see if one of the four is meant to live with us. He wants one even more than I do.
- It might be hard to have a new kitty and two dogs as we start our kitchen remodel but life is messy and I need something small and furry to love. Kittens make everything better and that's all that matters.
*See, there are good things and I can do other feelings than bitter and sarcastic. Not many but, hey, it's a start.
**I'm talking airline snafus here. I got to visit a couple of states not on my itinerary and had a showdown in the Chick-fil-a line at Terminal A in Atlanta with a surly flight attendant. More to come when I'm back to bitter and sarcastic.
***I don't think that's a typo. The local school we're playing (the one that Julia in Party of Five attended until that evil Ned came along) has a stupid mascot. What kind of stupid school has 'the Cardinal' as their mascot. It's just a COLOR. Who has a singular mascot anyway?